Public Square Rosary Rallies
In May 2018, over ninety towns and villages around Ireland held a Public Rosary Rally. Following the disastrous results of the Abortion Referendum, some have continued their Rosary Rallies. Scroll down to see which Rosary Rally is closest to you.
Why in Public?
In The Secret of the Rosary, Saint Louis de Montfort states: “Public prayer is far more powerful than private prayer to appease the anger of God and call down His Mercy. Holy Mother Church, guided by the Holy Spirit, has always advocated public prayer in times of public tragedy and suffering.” In fact, St Louis de Montfort organised the first ever public square rosary rally.
In America for example, there have been many cases where public prayer and reparation have closed abortion clinics and prevented blasphemous plays. Public prayer, as St Louis de Montfort says, is more powerful than private prayer. By praying the Rosary in public, we are exposing people to the Rosary and the Catholic Faith. Public prayer will touch many souls and encourage them to either become more fervent in the Faith or to return to it.
Click here to view pictures of past Rosary Rallies.
Organise a Rosary Rally
Locations of Rosary Rallies
- Armagh, Every first Saturday of the month in front of library, at 3:00pm - Patricia Beedie 07738621663
- Killashandra, Every first Thursday of the month at the Resource Centre, at 7:00pm - Geraldine McGuigan 087 247 3100
- Cork City, Every Saturday at noon at Daunt Square - Nuala Keane 087 417 9343
- Gurteenroe, Once a month on the Saturday closest to 13 from May to October at Grotto 4:00pm - Theresa Lynch 087 939 4615
- Letterkenny, Every Wednesday at 8:00pm in Town Park
- Dublin, 4pm on the following Saturdays: 11th May, 15th June, 20th July, 10th August, 14th September, 12th October; location: O'Connell Street/ North Earl Street; Download Poster PDF
- Ballyroan, every first Friday of the month at the grotto at 8:00pm. - Martin O'Brien 086 408 5649
- Limerick City, Every 2nd Saturday of the month at the junction of Thomas St. and O'Connell St. at 2:00pm - Jack Collins 086 330 3561
- Limerick City, Every Saturday at Bishop's Quay at 9:00am - Robert Ryan 0857106635
- Newtownforbes, 13th of every month at 2:00pm outside Catholic Church - Kitty Ross 086 040 5621
- Dundalk, First Saturday every month in the square at 3:00pm - Pauline Clinton 0872894664
- Kells, Opposite the Headfort Arms Hotel every last Saturday of every month at 4:00pm
- Trim, by the Courthouse, Friday 25th October at 6:00pm
- Nenagh, Banba Square on 13th of every month at 4:00pm - Joan Durkan 086 822 8848
- Thurles, In Church grounds by grotto every Friday at 3:00pm
- Dungarvan, Every month on the Saturday closest to 13th at 4:00pm in the square
Jerry & Catherine Mulvihill 087 682 6215
- Waterford City, Every first Saturday of the month at 3:00pm in front of the Cathedral
Christine Murphy 086 086 4545